Agent Support Center

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Increasing Website Traffic - The Basics

Over and over again I am asked what you need to do to show up well in the search engines...and over and over I give the same answers.

Some criteria for showing well in the search engines have not changed substantially since day one. Others have evolved. Yet others would get you blacklisted today. I hear a lot of seminar speakers giving suggestions as to what works and what doesn't...some are right on...others make my stomach churn they are so far off.

In addition to following the search engines as they and their requirements have evolved, I have developed a good 6th sense about what they are looking for. I also use a program that analyze sites for optimum SEO requirements, as well as subscribing to countless newsletters from the major, credible SEO players that charge a lot of bucks and know what they are talking about to place sites that rank well. As a result, I have many sites consistently in the top 10 positions…and a lot of them in the top 1, 2, or 3 positions.

I just received a newsletter article today, and for a quick 1-2-3, or actually A, B, C, this article really hits the basics without getting bogged down in all the details. I think it is a good read...and hopefully will provide some additional insight for all who have an interest in bettering their position in the search engines.

Again, a slow process, but if you do the basics and listen to those who really know what they are talking about, and become a student of the search engines, you will see yourself rank better and better in the coming months. Yes, I said months…as that is what it takes any more…so get started now. The results? A lot more clients and closed sales down the road!