Agent Support Center

Friday, October 06, 2006

Neighborhood Map Search - Revisited

The Neighborhood Map Search is really a hot item in my opinion. In fact I think it is one of the hottest tools going. Review my first article here.

There is however one critical item I forgot to mention in my earlier post. That being...once you have created the page with this tool in place, you need to "set the neighborhood map" to the appropriate area. Currently neighborhoods exist in Portland, Seattle, and the Tacoma areas (they will eventually be expanded to other areas).

How do you do this? Edit the module by finding a neighborhood that you know exists in your area. Select it and save the page. I have found that I now need to leave this module and then return to it. Now, all the neighborhoods for your area will show in the selection menu on the page. From here, if you have a specific neighborhood which you would like to be the default neighborhood that shows, repeat the process. Merely select your default desired neighborhood to show and save.

Normally you will not select the "displayed neighborhood only" option as you will want your visitors to be able to explore all neighborhoods for listings available in each.